Here are the main entry points to learn more about ejabberd configuration. ejabberd is extremely powerful and can be configured in many ways with many options.
Do not let this complexity scare you. Most of you will be fine with default config file (or light changes).
Tutorials for first-time users:
- How to move to ejabberd XMPP server
- How to set up ejabberd video & voice calling (STUN/TURN)
- How to configure ejabberd to get 100% in XMPP compliance test
Detailed documentation in sections:
- File Format
- Basic Configuration: hosts, acl, logging...
- Authentication: auth_method
- Listen Modules: c2s, s2s, http, sip, stun...
- Listen Options
- Top-Level Options
- Modules Options
There's also a copy of the old Configuration document which was used up to ejabberd 20.03.